Calling All Winter Warriors – PLEASE SEE UPDATED RULES BELOW RED
There’s an old saying, “You Don’t Survive Winter, You CONQUER IT!” At Bayside Runner we want to help you conquer winter with some fun contests to get you through January, February & March. Each month will bring a different way to conquer the cold.
Our January contest is to run 1 mile OUTSIDE everyday for all 31 days. Yes, OUTSIDE! No matter how cold, slushy or snowy it is. Let’s see you show your winter spirit with 31 days of running. We’ll be posting a daily log of who is still in the running both in the store and on our blog everyday. Anyone who completes the task will receive an official Bayside Runner Winter Warrior long sleeve running shirt with the names of everyone who completed the task printed on the back, plus $10 in Bayside Bucks (store credit) to use any way you wish.
Here’s how it works:
1. Check the weather and dress appropriately.
2. Run 1 mile OUTSIDE.
3. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Winter Warrior Daily Run” and in the body of the message include your run distance, time and where you ran.
UPDATED RULES & REGULATIONS – DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE TO THE CONTEST WE’VE HAD TO GET SERIOUS ON EXPLAINING THE RULES AND REGULATIONS. READ CAREFULLY AND GOOD LUCK
Just a quick disclaimer….Participation is solely up to the individual. Running in foul weather can be dangerous. Please take all precautions necessary to have a safe contest. Always wear reflective clothes, headlamps & blinking lights when running in the dark. Wear bright/neon colors when running at all times. Do not be cheap with your life and think you can run in any old thing and be safe. Always carry ID on you when you run. IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE GOING OUTSIDE IN CERTAIN WEATHER CONDITIONS, DON’T DO IT! WINNING THE CONTEST IS NOT WORTH IT IF YOU GET INJURED IN THE PROCESS!!
That being said….
1. You must email email@example.com with the subject line “Winter Warrior Daily Run” and in the body of the message include your run distance, time and where you ran by 5PM the following day i.e. reports for Jan 1 will be accepted by 5PM on Jan 2. No late entries accepted.
2. You first email must include: Name, address &. shirt size.
3. On the honor system the run must be OUTSIDE, and putting your treadmill on your deck does not count. Feet on the ground here folks.
4. In order to win the prizes you must run 31 of 31 days.
5. Bayside Runner is 100% committed to supporting runners on the South Shore, South Coast and Cape Cod of Massachusetts. We’ve had a lot of requests to share this experience with friends in other places. Please do so! But awards will ONLY be given to participants who live in the state of Massachusetts. Our good idea – If you live outside of Massachusetts, contact your local running store and ask them to offer a similar challenge. Plus, running every day in a more tropical local is just not the Winter Warrior Spirit!
Honor system here folks…
…..true Winter Warriors never lie!